Research Associate, Biochemistry
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Building the next generation of these devices requires special skill and dedication. You will be part of a small, multidisciplinary, and elite research and development team working at the interface of materials and biology. Your contributions will help shape the direction of these devices. You will work closely with senior scientists in various research roles including (but not limited to) microscopy, cell culture, biochemistry assays, surgeries, and data analysis. You must thrive in an intense, mission-driven, and collaborative environment.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or a related field.
- 2+ years of laboratory research experience.
- Familiarity or experience with electrochemistry.
- Experience with Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy.
- Experience with cell culture.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, thrives working in an interdisciplinary environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest people you will ever meet.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance people who have an outsize impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.