Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Neuralink is in the process of building its accounting team, and this will be the first hire into the organization. You will be working closely with the Head of Finance, the Head of Purchasing, and Operations, but you will be the first member of the team with an accounting background. This is an opportunity to rapidly be exposed to, and run, every aspect of accounting at a fast-growing company. This role will require an individual able to perform well above average.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in Finance or Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in a professional accounting environment and at least 1 year of experience in operational accounting.
- CPA or substantive progress towards it.
- Experience in a “real world” (non-software) business, e.g. manufacturing, construction, transportation, biotech, medical devices, etc.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Experience overseeing all accounts payable activities.
- Experience reconciling all bank accounts at month end.
- Experience recording and properly applying in the accounting system all bank deposits and disbursements.
- Experience tracking purchases and installations of equipment, recording month-end journal entries to recognize depreciation on in-use fixed assets.
- Experience recording credit card transactions and reconciling credit card accounts each month.
- Experience ensuring payroll entries are properly recorded and classified in the accounting system.
- Experience with general journal entries—recording general journal entries as required (i.e. fixed asset depreciation, accrued interest, prepaid amortization, etc.)
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.