Software Engineer, Embedded Systems & Firmware
Neuralink is developing ultra high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We’re building a team of multidisciplinary experts and doers who are dedicated to changing the world.
We need a diverse, core group of engineers to design, fabricate, and test next-generation medical robotics. We want embedded engineers with specialities, hybrid mechanical-software-electricals engineers, generalists and people we haven’t thought of yet. The ideal candidates are people who get excited about building things, are highly analytical, and enjoy tackling new problems regularly. Our robotics integrate actuated devices with microelectromechanical systems as well as novel surgical procedures. These applications place strong emphasis on high-precision, high-repeatability mechanical motion, as well as high reliability and fail-safe design. Projects you might work on include writing the code that runs "on head" mediating between the physical bio-device interface and the high level software interfaces, or writing low-level robotics control software to drive sophisticated novel neurosurgical robotics, among many other possibilities.
- You excel at your strengths (whether that is BIOS, integration, design, drivers or something else.)
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
Technical nice to haves:
- (We are growing a diverse team of engineers, so no one person has to have all of these!)
- Experience with ARM, x86, assembly, system BIOS and hardware/software integration.
- Programming experience on Linux in Python, C, C++, Verilog, or VHDL.
- Familiarity setting up embedded toolchains, build, and debugging environments.
- Experience with Wi-Fi, BLE, USB, TCP/IP stacks in an embedded environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest people you will ever meet.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance people who have an outsize impact.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work
- Competitive pay and stock options