Software Engineer, Embedded Systems & Firmware
Neuralink is developing ultra high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We’re building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world changing impact.
About the role:
Our robotics integrate actuated devices with microelectromechanical systems as well as novel surgical procedures. These applications place strong emphasis on high-precision, high-repeatability mechanical motion, as well as high reliability and fail-safe design. Projects you might work on include writing the code that connects biomedical devices with high level software interfaces, writing low-level robotics control software to drive sophisticated novel neurosurgical robotics, and many other possibilities.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting design, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering reliable manufacturable solutions.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing electronic boards.
- 2+ years of experience with electrical system level engineering.
- Programming experience on Linux and C/C++.
- Experience designing, manufacturing, and testing reliable electronic systems.
- Experience with micro-controllers.
- Experience with hardware/software integration.
- Experience setting up embedded toolchains, building, and debugging environments.
- Experience with Wi-Fi, BLE, USB, TCP/IP stacks in an embedded environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work.
- Stock options.