Embedded Systems & Firmware (Robotics)
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Neuralink is developing ultra high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We’re building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world changing impact.
About the role:
Our robotics integrate actuated devices with microelectromechanical systems as well as novel surgical procedures. These applications place strong emphasis on high-precision, high-repeatability mechanical motion, as well as high reliability and fail-safe design. Projects you might work on include writing the code that connects biomedical devices with high level software interfaces, writing low-level robotics control software to drive sophisticated novel neurosurgical robotics, and many other possibilities.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting design, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering reliable manufacturable solutions.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing electronic boards.
- 2+ years of experience with electrical system level engineering.
- Programming experience on Linux and C/C++.
- Experience designing, manufacturing, and testing reliable electronic systems.
- Experience with micro-controllers.
- Experience with hardware/software integration.
- Experience setting up embedded toolchains, building, and debugging environments.
- Experience with Wi-Fi, BLE, USB, TCP/IP stacks in an embedded environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.