Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As an Optical Engineer at Neuralink you will develop custom optics and imaging systems used directly in our surgical robot, and associated consumables manufacturing systems. These systems are responsible for everything from sub-micron conventional imaging to laser scanning imaging to non-imaging optical power delivery. To develop and deliver these, you'll work closely with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on the robotics team along with neuroscientists and biologists in the rest of the company. You will be responsible for design from conception through to implementation, and will prototype and build these systems quickly with the rest of the team.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in optical engineering or a similar field.
- 2+ years of optical engineering experience.
- 1+ years of experience simulating and designing optics in Zemax or equivalent software.
- 1+ years of practical (not just research) experience designing, deploying, testing, and reliability hardening optical systems.
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experience validating benchmarking metrology and quality control for optical systems.
- Mechanical engineering and CAD skills.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.