Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
In this role you will help Neuralink build its Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Financial Planning & Analysis processes from the ground up while handling the following responsibilities at a rapidly growing company.
Accounts Payable: Oversee all AP and related work. Includes administering the process, vendor set up, vendor bill processing and review with PO matching, prompt response to vendor inquiries. Process a high monthly volume of vendor bills and schedule payments to meet budgeted cash outflows.
Financial Reporting: Maintain general ledger leading up to month end close. Prepare month end close schedules and close periods via Netsuite. Prepare financial reports to be distributed internally and to third parties. Prepare monthly company spend reports and project spend reports for upper management.
Tax Reporting and Payment: Includes local, state, and federal. Manage business property tax, sales and use tax submittals. Manage tax exemption reporting, including R&D tax and CAEATFA. Work with outside accounting firms to submit state and federal income tax returns. Review purchasing transactions to confirm correct tax classification across multiple destination states.
Treasury: Review bank balance daily and manage fund transfers where necessary. Set up and confirm all outgoing wires.
Audit: Work with outside accounting firms to conduct financial audit or reviews.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- 3 to 10 years experience either at a Big 4 Firm, or fast growing company where you were a critical member of the accounting team.
- Masters in Accounting.
- Comfortable with AP, AR, bookkeeping, reporting.
- Incredible level of organization.
- You are familiar with Quickbooks, Xero, Bill.com, Netsuite or similar next-generation accounting systems.
- Knowledge of California tax law.
What we Offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.