Microelectronics Packaging Engineer
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Neuralink is seeking an engineer to lead the integration of high-density micro-scale systems with custom designed integration circuits, for application within a biological environment.
This person will develop and test microelectronics assembly methods, high frequency feedthroughs, hermetic packages, and coatings.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Master's degree in engineering or material science.
- 1 year of experience in packaging including experience working in a cleanroom.
- Ph.D. in engineering or material science.
- B.S. or M.S. in material science.
- Extensive experience with thermal and mechanical modeling.
- Awareness of encapsulation failures (e.g. water transport, diffusion processes, and galvanic and electrolytic corrosion).
- Experience with advanced electronic or MEMS packaging and materials: die attach, wire bonding, encapsulation, flip chip, and hermetic sealing, conductive epoxies, underfill, solders.
- Experience with interposer design and fabrication, 3D integration technologies, TSV, RDL, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering & signal routing/optimization.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.