Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
We need a diverse, core group of engineers to design, fabricate, and test next-generation medical robotics. We want mechatronic engineers with specialities, hybrid mechanical-software-electrical engineers, manufacturing experts, generalists and people we haven’t thought of yet. The ideal candidates are people who get excited about building things, are highly analytical, and enjoy tackling new problems regularly. Our robotics integrate actuated devices with microelectromechanical systems as well as novel surgical procedures. These applications place strong emphasis on high-precision, high-repeatability mechanical motion, as well as high reliability and fail-safe design.
- You excel at your strengths (whether that is mechatronics, actuated design, electronics, fabrication or something else.)
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are obsessed with getting the details right, and won't go home until they are.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
Technical nice to haves:
- (We are growing a diverse team of engineers, so no one person has to have all of these!)
- Extensive experience designing and machining multi-degree of freedom systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical-resonance dampening and/or prevention.
- Experience working on micron-scale mechanical devices (e.g. watch mechanisms, MEMS, etc)
- Experience working with optical systems.
- Experience with microelectromechanical systems.
- Experience prototyping your own designs and then translating them into something manufacturable.
- Excellent skills with CAD software such as SolidWorks, CATIA or NX.
- Excellent mechanical simulation for loading, motion, static and dynamic friction.
- Experience with conventional machining.
- Ability to design and tune high-speed and high-precision servo systems.
- Awareness of failback-safe and closed-loop electromechanical system design.
- Experience in low-level computer systems, computer architecture, and embedded systems.
- Experience in firmware and device driver development.
- Knowledge of bioengineering would be nice, but not at all required.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest people you will ever meet.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance people who have an outsize impact.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work
- Competitive pay and stock options
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.