Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As a mechanical/manufacturing engineer at Neuralink, you will design and produce hardware and manufacturing process solutions for our surgical robot's insertion hardware, which inserts the electrodes of our brain-machine interface devices. In addition to assembling critical production components with micron scale precision, you will design and implement tooling and manufacturing process improvements, as well as design, build, and run tests to provide vital results for the company’s mission. You will get to own projects from concept to production, utilizing your mechanical engineering background in the challenging field of brain-machine interfaces. The role involves collaboration with neuroscientists, biologists, and engineers to determine design criteria and build systems quickly and effectively.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering, or equivalent in experience and ability.
- 1+ years of experience with hardware design (internships/co-ops will be considered).
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (internships/co-ops will be considered).
- Evidence of exceptional ability to quickly design and implement things that work.
- Ability to work reliably with small and delicate assemblies where precision is critical.
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experience with precision design and manufacturing.
- Experience with owning projects from concept to prototype.
- Experience with Qualification and Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma.
- Experience with production tools such as work orders, issue tracking, inventory.
- Experience in a cleanroom environment.
- Skilled in Solidworks, Python.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.