Electrical Engineer, Robotics
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Our robotics team is looking for electrical engineers who want to design, bring up, and fully own the electrical systems on our surgical robot. Some examples of systems are laser-based dual galvo scanning microscopy, high reliability power distribution, ultrasonic cleaner and cutter drivers, submicron position sensing, and a full system hardware in the loop tester. You'll be expected to own projects from design through production, and will be an integral member of a small, fast-moving team.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- 3+ years of experience (personal, school, or professional) designing and building electronics.
- Mastery of at least 1 schematic capture and layout tool (Cadence, Allegro, Altium, Eagle, KiCad, etc.)
- Experience bringing up systems requiring firmware and accompanying test scripts.
- Experience with high reliability, safety critical systems.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.