Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
The infrastructure team builds the foundation that enables the company to function effectively - this includes cloud based and on-prem infrastructure to enable our laboratories and data pipelines to operate flawlessly. We have a user base spanning from highly technically proficient engineers to non-technical scientists and doctors; but all of them need solid systems, rugged networking, and bullet-proof software to do their jobs. This role will integrate tightly with teams across the company and span all layers of the work environment stack from automating workstation provisioning to building highly empowering deployment pipelines for engineers.
- You find large and small challenges exciting, and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- 2+ years of experience as a devops/infrastructure engineer or similar.
- Robust software engineering skills and a track record of building custom tools that fit internal needs across a large range of teams.
- Fluency in shell scripts, at least one of Ruby/Python, and at least one of Rust/C/C++.
- Experience building cloud and on-prem networking infrastructure in a codified manner.
- Understanding of security best practices and a drive to help the company move both faster and more securely.
- Working knowledge of major cryptographic protocols and authentication schemes such as TLS, x509, 802.1x, U2F, SAML.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Docker, Terraform, Packer, Cloud-Init, Kickstart.
- Systems administration experience on Windows, OSX and Linux.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.