Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As a microelectromechanical system process engineer at Neuralink, you will be responsible for the development of micro-fabricated medical devices. You will be in charge of developing process modules to push design and fabrication limits; perform metrology to monitor, test, and characterize in-process progress; and provide detailed documentation of process steps, changes, and measurements.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in engineering or material science.
- 4+ years of experience working with semiconductor manufacturing processes: e.g., wet etch, dry etch (RIE, ICP-RIE), thin film deposition (sputter, CVD, evaporation), lithography (stepper, e-beam, contact photolithography), mask design layout.
- Hands-on experience with metrology: e.g., scanning electron microscopy (SEM), optical microscopy, profilometry, ellipsometry.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.