Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Engineering – Computer Vision /
Neurolabs is becoming the "go-to" Computer Vision vendor for the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) space, with access to a product catalogue of >100K CPG products.
In this process, we are building a new category: Synthetic Computer Vision. Think Computer Vision but at a massive scale and speed. We start in the CPG space where we help automate repetitive tasks, from in-store execution to inventory monitoring and the checkout process. We achieve this by replacing the need for real data with synthetically generated data in Virtual Reality. The result is highly accurate recognition, delivered faster, more cheaply and resilient to the rapid change one sees in the CPG space.
We are a young company, with innovation at our heart: combining gaming technologies with Artificial Intelligence to redefine the way traditional Computer Vision is done. The resulting technology is being bought and tested at some of the world’s largest companies (UiPath, Auchan, BAT).
We recently secured a $3.5M Seed with backing from LauncHub Ventures, Lunar Ventures, Techstart Ventures, 7pc Ventures, as well as ex-founders of Wayve (self-driving cars) and Magic Pony (company acquired by Twitter).
We are a team of young and passionate people headquartered in London, but we operate as a remote-first company, with additional offices in Edinburgh, UK and Cluj Napoca, Romania. We all meet twice a year for a week-long off-site, with the individual teams meeting in-between on a more regular basis in various locations in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our core value proposition is using synthetic data as a replacement for real data in developing Computer Vision models. Therefore, one of our core activities is generating synthetic data in virtual environments and making sure that it can be used to train deep learning computer vision models that generalise well to out-of-distribution target data from the real world.
The second component that sits at the heart of our product, is building a scalable and accurate object recognition architecture, capable of both localisation of objects and fine-grained classification for thousands of 3D assets. You will architect, develop and take into productions deep learning architectures capable of hierarchical and multi-label classification, based on virtual synthetic data. You will help us understand what synthetic data works best and how it can generalise well across different target domains. You will have had a close encounter with ML Ops tools such as experiment tracking, versioning and deployment. You will help solidify and further grow our internal tooling and best practices in that respect. Finally, you will work together with our engineers and deliver all of this into our platform product that our clients use.
You will be part of a fast-growing startup, who values your input and experience, and you will contribute to our core product, from ideation to production. As we grow, you will have the ability to grow and take on new challenges. You are a team player and understand that problem solving is a joint effort and will help others learn and develop. You are passionate about machine learning and care about making an impact through your work.
For this particular role, we are looking exclusively for candidates based in the UK with the potential to either relocate or be within reasonable distance to London or Edinburgh.
- Lead and manage the efforts to scale our computer vision pipeline to support dozens of clients
- Design, implement and deploy deep learning techniques & architectures for visual search and few-shot learning using synthetically generated data.
- Collaborate with team members and lead the research efforts towards advancing Neurolabs' computer vision capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science/Physics/Maths or related quantitative subject.
- 3+ years experience shipping computer vision solutions or working in a research-driven environment where the core focus is computer vision.
- Strong grasp of latest cutting edge research in object detection, similarity, transfer & few-shot learning.
- Keen interest in Computer Graphics is a plus.
- Good written and excellent spoken communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Proficient with Python and machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch Lightning.
- Competitive startup salary, equity and rosy expectations ahead.
- Flexible working hours and 100% remote team, offices in Cluj and Edinburgh.
- You are entitled to 34 days paid holiday during each holiday year, which includes public holidays in your residence country.
- Monthly stipend for office space.
- Bi-annual company retreat and bi-annual team meetings (workations)