Senior DevOps Engineer | Full-time or Contract | Remote
Position has both full-time and contractor options.
Copado Strategic Services (formerly New Context) is a leading cybersecurity company in the practice of secure development and operations “DevSecOps.” We provide technical and management consulting to help enterprises build stronger and more secure software and infrastructure. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security.
Our team of Senior DevOps Engineers are the heart of our organization, handling mission-critical projects and needs across every client and engagement. Good candidates often come to us from situations where they were “the smartest person in the room,” looking to join a team of peers and mentors that will help push their skills to the next level. We deal with companies looking to up their game, so we always aim to utilize the latest and greatest evolving tools and techniques.
Note: Copado products focus in Salesforce, but we do NOT. We work in AWS, GCP, and Azure, and use common cloud tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, and Vault. The bottom of our job listing includes a longer list of common tech that we play with, Salesforce is not one of them.
What you'll do:
- Address complex DevSecOps for clients, utilizing your knowledge and skills in automation, programming, and infrastructure.
- Help clients identify the real problem. We want to address root causes, not apply band-aids.
- Act as a client-facing contact point and implementer on your projects.
- Ensure you work is well documented, using in-line commenting, documentation portals (e.g. Confluence), and ticket tracking.
- Collaborate with business counterparts to ensure the client remains up-to-date on progress and blockers.
- Conduct pair programming and other education efforts with client-side staff to ensure a smooth handoff of your work.
Who you are:
- A seasoned technologist with 10+ years relevant technical experience, including 2+ years interfacing with external clients or customers.
- Well-versed with cloud deployments in one or more of AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Comfortable presenting complex technical issues to high-level executives.
- Enjoys working with minimal oversight and owning the results, good and bad.
- Passionate about “automating all the things,” especially testing, production deployments, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Strong desire to build things “the right way,” while understanding that business needs drive the technology (not the other way around).
Copado may build primarily in Salesforce, but Strategic Solutions works with a wide variety of technologies, based on customer needs. Your projects will typically include a selection of these tools (and not Salesforce):
- Cloud & Virtualization: AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
- HashiCorp products: Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul, Vagrant
- Containers: Docker, LXC, Kubernetes, Helm
- Automation: GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins
- Config management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Monitoring: SysDig, DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Sentry, Prometheus
- Databases/Datastores: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Security: Compliance Automation, App Security, Firewalls, OSSEC, AuthN and AuthZ
Candidates for this role must reside in the US. We do not sponsor H1-B Visas.
Direct candidates only; referrals and agencies will not be accepted.
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.