Senior Product Manager - AI in Commercial Insurance
Remote - USA
Technology – Product Management /
Full Time /
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The 1 trillion dollar insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market that represents an enormous opportunity. We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
By building a tech-driven insurance brokerage, we're able to transform the experience for our clients and teammates. Our platform eliminates paperwork for clients and gives them a modern dashboard to administer their Property & Casualty and Employee Benefits. For our internal teams, we take repetitive tasks off their plate by automating hundreds of workflows. Finally, we use data and analytics to negotiate with the insurance markets and find the best coverage and pricing.
As part of the Technology team at Newfront, you'll face complex technical challenges like building a files processing engine that can parse and analyze millions of insurance documents or designing a data analytics product that helps HR leaders select among hundreds of plans and vendors.
There are lots of opportunities for growth and ownership, including leading projects and teams. Also, we're eager to leverage new technologies and frameworks. Here are a few examples using LLMs that came from a recent hackathon.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. DE&I is in our DNA and we keep our core values at the center of everything we do.
Are you ready to revolutionize one of the largest and most traditional industries – commercial insurance? At Newfront Insurance, we're on a mission to bring the power of AI to the forefront, illuminating key decisions in effective risk transfer. Join us in focusing on practical applications of AI to solve real-world problems in collaboration with our talented engineers, designers, and data scientists.
As a Senior Product Manager at Newfront Insurance, you will lead the charge in leveraging AL to De-risk human progress. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to build technology solutions tailored for Risk Managers, CFOs, CHROs, Benefits Administrators, and others that manage Property and Casualty insurance and Employee Benefits needs for medium and large-scale businesses.
This position is a Hybrid/Remote role (within the USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Product Strategy: Drive the development and execution of the product strategy, leveraging AI to address challenges in commercial insurance.
- User Research: Conduct thorough user research to understand the needs and pain points of Risk Managers, CFOs, CHROs, Benefits Administrators, and other stakeholders.
- Client Orientation: Foster a client-oriented mindset, ensuring that products align with the practical needs of businesses in managing insurance effectively.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate seamlessly with engineers, designers, and data scientists to translate product strategies into tangible solutions.
- Small Team Collaboration: Thrive in a small team environment, contributing effectively to achieve collective goals and foster a collaborative work culture.
- 7+ years of experience in software product development.
- Proven track record in the technology industry.
- Experience in or around the commercial insurance space is a positive but not required.
- Strong background in building B2B applications.
- Skills in LLMs, generative AI, and data science are highly desirable.
- Educational background in economics, math, statistics, or computer science.
Discover the advantages awaiting you as a valued member of our team at Newfront:
- Work with a passionate and innovative team.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Create and execute your own unique strategies for success.
- Hybrid remote schedule options available.
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Benefits, and resources that start your first day of employment!
- Have a stake in the growing company with Restricted Stock Units
- Flexible time away
- Matching 401K (Vested from day one)
- 12 paid company holidays
- Rewarding Wellness program
- Flexible and Diverse Work Environment
- Clubs and Committees that encourage engagement with more colleagues
- Employee Discount Program
If you're ready to make a significant impact, forge meaningful relationships, and contribute to our strategic vision, apply now! Be part of a team that values trust, credibility, and innovation.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $176,000 and $220,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.