Account Manager - Wholesale Benefits
Seattle, Washington /
Advanced Professionals – Wholesale Benefits Team /
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
This position is responsible for assisting the Sales Representatives on the Wholesales Benefits Team. You will be the first point of contact for service inquiries, and responsible to use reference material to research and provide accurate responses. Your support and focus on customer service allows the Sales Representatives to focus on selling and retaining business.
This position reports to the Sales Manager and is a full-time, exempt role and is located in Newfront's Office in Seattle, WA. Initially this role will be onsite, with the option to work into a hybrid remote schedule.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Forge strong relationships with sales team members, clients and carrier partners.
- Serve as the primary contact for clients and their supported books of business. Manage service queue to track and close out inquiries.
- Respond quickly and accurately to service inquiries. Communicate expected timelines to resolution.
- Observe and report service inquiry trends and keep sales team members apprised.
- Anticipate expected increased activity during peak business cycles in order to best prioritize inquiries with minimal supervision.
- Assist in managing wholesale account renewal cycles. Participate in carrier and vendor meetings as requested.
- Review and contribute to client and stakeholder communications.
- Assist the team as needed, especially during the renewal seasons, with other tasks, duties and special projects as assigned.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows/Office Suite products, and general web research skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, offer creative solutions, and make process improvements.
- Work well with others in a fast-paced environment and to be responsive to colleagues.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively address issues and respond to client needs.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at project planning including time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers, and internal stakeholders.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior employee benefits insurance experience in a brokerage or carrier setting.
- Retail or other sales support experience a plus.
- CRM experience is a plus.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- WA State Life and Health License (required or completed within 3 months of start date).
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $60,500 and $75,600/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.