Director of Finance
Remote or San Francisco /
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
Newfront is building a best-in-class finance function at one of the country’s fastest growing insurance brokerages. We are looking for a finance leader to join our team, to help build our internal FP&A and accounting infrastructure, while also partnering with cross-functional teams to drive value throughout the company.
Your responsibilities will include
- Lead the Company’s financial planning process, including the annual and quarterly multi-year financial planning cycles
- Constantly drive for improved visibility into the Company’s performance via insightful management reporting and analysis. Optimize both the quantity and the quality of financial reporting on an ongoing basis, always looking for opportunities for tool enhancement and automation
- Lead topical ad-hoc analyses and deep dives into novel issues to improve the collective understanding of risks and opportunities related to these issues. Support the CFO’s presentations to the Board and the executive leadership team
- Lead the preparation of monthly and quarterly results reporting packages, as well as quarterly forecast reporting packages
- Provide financial planning and analysis support to all corporate functions such as Operations, Producers, Engineering, Product, People Operations and Finance
- Assist CFO in all capital raising (debt and equity) activities
- Attract and develop talent, and act as a coach for team members, providing constructive feedback to help employees improve their skills set and advance their careers
You'll be a great fit if you have / are
- 8-12 years of experience in a related role, with technology and/or fintech (insuretech) experience a plus
- Experience at a start-up / growth company a plus
- Financial acumen: Thinking through financial decisions wearing both a private and public investor hat
- Strategic thinking: Experience using internal and external data to draw conclusions and make data-driven recommendations
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Must love getting 'hands dirty', have a strong work ethic, but also see the big picture
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and influencing skills, written and oral
- Excel, Powerpoint, G-Suite expert
- Experience managing junior analysts and building cross-functional partnerships
- Corporate strategy, consulting, investment-banking experience at a top firm a plus
- M&A experience
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.