Senior Data Scientist - Analytics
Hybrid/Remote - California /
Technology – Engineering /
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
As a senior data scientist - analytics, your goal is to help Newfront make data-driven product decisions. You will dive deep into how data is collected in our product and elsewhere and uncover insights from that data. You will have widespread purview over how product analytics is done at the company, which metrics we should create and monitor, how we should test our product features, and identify areas for improvement in the business that have the highest impact. The role reports to the Head of Data.
This position is open to hybrid/remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
- Own analytics across our entire product portfolio, from data instrumentation to KPI definition to reporting.
- Democratize how we use data in the tech team and beyond by empowering product decisions that are rooted in metrics that we are trying to drive.
- Deliver insights to product, operations and other business partners and proactively suggest solutions to problems that they are facing.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to craft data requirements and guide event instrumentation.
- Build curated dashboards and reporting that serve as the primary source for how the product team and business view results.
- Run queries to support ad-hoc product questions.
- Help establish A/B testing frameworks.
- Educate the company on how and why data-driven decision making can take us to the next level.
- Work directly with and mentor a growing data team of data engineers, analytics engineers, analysts and data scientists.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a data scientist, product analyst role, or related.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for digging deep into messy data and extracting deep, impactful insights from it.
- A clear passion for staying up-to-date with and learning new analytics skills independently and continuously.
- Exceptional skill in structuring analyses, dashboard design and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics within the business.
- Ability to independently prioritize and focus on the questions that matter most to the business.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
Current Tech Stack
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.