Insurance Operations Specialist
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
About the position:
We are looking for a driven insurance professional looking to join our organization and work with one of our various operational specialist teams. This role is crucial in helping bring high quality insurance knowledge to the operational specialist team.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working with insurance brokers, account managers, and operations specialists to service clients joining Newfront
- Generating and reviewing COIs, ACORDs, applications, coverage limits, policy documents, among other insurance related items
- Communicating with clients to gather information required for a policy transfer and/or renewal
- Preparation of complete and serviceable files within our proprietary CRM
- Understanding client insurance and risk management objectives and critically analyzing and comparing plans to determine suitability
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- An insurance license with ~3-5 years of experience as an account manager, underwriter, or similar experience for a brokerage or carrier
- A hustling mentality, no ask should be too small or too big, we are looking for someone who understands that small tasks have a huge impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as superior client service and problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated efficiency with computer systems and software, including but not limited to GSuite, Slack, Salesforce is a plus but not necessary
- Ability to mentor coworkers seeking better knowledge of the insurance industry
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.