Strategic Data Analyst (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
Business Operations /
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
Newfront is accumulating a vast array of structured insurance data at a blistering pace: policies, coverages, claims, insurable entities, operations, finance, market rates, to name a few. We are looking for a sharp data analyst to join our analytics team, bringing an independent and curious mindset to partner with cross-functional teams to understand and add value by leveraging our growing data assets.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
Your responsibilities will include
- Build + maintain centralized KPIs, metrics, reporting, models, analyses for cross-functional partners, executives, and board of directors
- Partner with business leaders to gain deep understanding of domain expertise and enable data-driven decision making
- Partner with our analytics engineer and cross-functional stakeholders to identify and rectify data integrity issues across our reporting, data infrastructure, dashboards
You'll be a great fit if you have/are
- 2-3 years of analytics experience
- Motivated to independently drive analytics initiatives from end-to-end, from ideation to visualization to storytelling
- Ability to communicate sophisticated data concepts to a broad range of audiences
- Organizational skill and capacity to handle simultaneous projects and work cross-functionally
- Fluency in SQL and Excel/Spreadsheets
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau), BigQuery, Python, R, dbt
- Prior experience working with high-growth startups / insurance industry experience
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.