Director of Talent Acquisition
United States (Remote) /
Corporate – People Operations Team /
This is a hybrid/remote role (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
This position is responsible for company-wide talent acquisition. The person in this position will play a key role in Newfront's growth and success by managing the talent branding, sourcing, and interviewing planning, processes, programs and projects for our team of excellent and talented individuals.
This position is full-time, salaried, and exempt.
This position reports to the Chief People Officer.
This position is located Remotely in the United States.
What You'll Be Responsible for:
- Manage/Lead/Direct Newfront’s full cycle recruiting as member of People Operations Team.
- Manage, implement and continuously improve Newfront’s recruiting strategies and processes to fill open requisitions with the best possible talent.
- Implement and coach hiring managers regarding best practices for interviewing, applicant assessment and candidate care.
- Partner with hiring managers and Newfront Leaders to understand and establish job and team requirements and create strategies and plans that lead to successful recruitment.
- Forecast future recruitment needs and drivers by working with all Practices and provide thought leadership and guidance regarding the attraction, recruitment and hiring of talent.
- Drive attraction strategies and talent branding efforts. Continuously identify and implement new ways to attract candidates and applicants.
- Manage job and candidate activity using technology, tools and applicant tracking system (ATS). Schedule and participate in meetings, interviews and debriefs.
- Work with the entire team to ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the recruiting process.
- Lead and/or manage Newfront's networking and recruiting initiatives through campus recruiting efforts and participating in industry networking activities.
- Lead the sourcing of passive candidates by using online and social media tools, company networking channels and centers of influence.
- Create, grow and maintain a pipeline of future candidates by tracking informational interviews and maintaining relationships.
- Maintain professional expertise by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional/trade organizations.
- Work with the Marketing and People Operations Team to shape and broadly communicate corporate Talent Brand.
- Assist with miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
- 10 years of Talent Acquisition Leadership, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and tact
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advanced complexities of features
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and is responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications
- Ability to multitask, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines
- Proficient at project planning and time management
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with vendors and internal stakeholders
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Professional in Human Resources certification a plus
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $157,000 and $235,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.