Head of Carrier Relations
Remote or San Francisco /
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1Trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building new and maintaining existing carrier and wholesaler relationships at the senior leadership level
- Developing and managing a carrier and wholesaler network strategy that supports Newfront’s growth and sales strategy
- Reviewing, negotiating, and maintaining all carrier contractsNegotiating commission and profit sharing agreements that maximize Newfront’s profitability
- Owning the ongoing development of Newfront’s carrier appetite database tool
- Setting and achieving carrier production goals by facilitating carrier education as necessary and aligning producer sales goals
- Evaluating new and existing carrier partnerships that align with Newfront’s growth strategy
- Answering carrier related questions on an on-going basis
- Providing support with carrier escalations as neededSupport our efforts in building unique products and programs for our clients.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.