San Francisco, California /
Strategic Growth /
A bit about Newfront:
Insurance is a fundamental component of the American economy, but it has seen almost no meaningful innovation in the past 30 years. Insurance brokerages, which total $170 billion in annual revenues, are the worst offenders, with antiquated computer systems, no adoption of technology, no data-driven decisions, and a culture that rewards friendships more than performance.
Newfront marries the best of insurance brokerages: deep technical understanding of risk, client-focus, claims and loss-control expertise, with the best of tech companies: continuous improvement, reliance on data to make smarter decisions, better compensation, and a culture that inspires and welcomes.
- You have extensive experience in the insurance industry and know the frustrations felt by producers in this slow-to-innovate industry
- You are an outgoing personality and you are able to form relationships quickly with folks from all different types of backgrounds
- You have quota-carrying experience and you are motivated, not afraid, of opportunities to make meaningful compensation based on closed deals
- Recruiting experience is a huge plus
Nuances to keep in mind:
- Leaving an insurance brokerage is a much more consequential decision than leaving other types of jobs, because a broker can lose a meaningful portion of their book of business and have to rebuild it over the next several years. These recruitments are high-risk, high-reward for the brokers, as well as for the recruiter
- The commercial insurance industry these days faces tremendous upheaval and incredibly low satisfaction. Newfront's growth is based on solving these sources of unhappiness. Your role is to learn about what drives a broker's unhappiness, and successfully articulate how Newfront addresses that problem.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- B.A. or B.S. with 5+ years of relationship-driven sales experience
- A background in commercial insurance so that you understand the pains and struggles that exist within this industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, glass-half-full mentality
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.