Strategic Growth Manager
San Francisco, California
Companies spend $274bn every year on commercial insurance in the US and 99% of this insurance is sold by a broker. At the same time, this massive market has seen no meaningful disruption from modern technologies and much of the business that is transacted is done on paper. With an aging workforce, the incursion of private equity buyouts, and woefully antiquated technology, broker job satisfaction has never been lower, even among brokers with books of business that run into millions of recurring dollars per year. Newfront's technology and open-minded approach to insurance has led to a wave of broker recruitment, making us the fastest growing insurance brokerage in modern history.
Our Strategic Growth team is the face of the Newfront's growth and the engine of our market expansion. As a Strategic Growth Manager, you are directly responsible for driving net-new revenue, by recruiting brokers whose books run from $400,000-$2MM+ per year.
In its simplest form, this role brings top producing brokers to Newfront by effectively selling them our value propositions. The role is similar to an Enterprise Sales role due to size of deal, complexity of sale, and sophistication of negotiations. The refreshing part of this sale is that you are working directly with decision-makers, thus eliminating many of the hassles of selling to large corporations. Average deal cycle is under 60 days.
This is a quota carrying role. Your quota per quarter is set by the amount of recurring revenue that you bring aboard at Newfront. Recurring revenue is measured by the size of a broker's existing book that he or she brings over upon signing. Our deal size is anywhere from $400k - $2M+.
- This is a more humanized sale than your average enterprise sales deal as you are dealing directly with decision makers. You can think of every agent as the CEO of their own business - with that comes a heightened degree of empathy needed to be successful in the sale, but also the ability for quick decisions.
- Think about a top producing broker who’s been with a brokerage for 15+ years. Their personal and professional identity is often wrapped up in that brokerage’s brand. Successfully decoupling an agent from their prior brokerage takes outstanding patience, listening, agility and ultimate focus to get the deal done.
- The commercial insurance industry these days faces tremendous upheaval and incredibly low satisfaction. Newfront's growth is based on solving so many of these sources of unhappiness. Your role is to detect what reason drives any given broker's unhappiness, and match that to how Newfront addresses that problem
- The equally demanding need for high IQ and EQ in this role has resulted in an incredibly high performing and driven team of diverse backgrounds such as investment banking, management consulting, law and enterprise sales.
- B.A. or B.S. with 5+ years of relationship-driven sales experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, glass-half-full mentality
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities