Engineering Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
As an Engineering Manager at Newfront, you will work with a team building features across the platform to help clients manage their risk and supercharge our brokers. There are tons of challenging technical problems to solve that directly impact the lives of your teammates and Newfront clients.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
🎥 To learn more about the technology we're building, watch our video Engineering at Newfront
💰 To learn more about our funding, check out this Forbes article
Some of the challenges we're tackling
- A client-facing web portal to help businesses from Construction to Technology to Real Estate understand their insurance coverage
- Workflow systems to help our team deliver a world-class service
- Natural language processing and document parsing to ingest thousands of documents
- Turn pen-and-paper and fax machine processes into APIs
You'll be a great fit if
- You are product-focused and put the user's needs front and center
- You thrive in a collaborative startup environment and prefer "done" to "perfect"
- You have a high level of rigor and drive teams to continually improve
- You are able to own engineering projects from start to finish, communicating with all stakeholders
- You are technical and able to be hands-on in the code
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years engineering management experience
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to write code and ship products
- Proven ability to manage remote teams with a high level of rigor, driving engineering best practices
- Experience with the full development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch
- US time zones preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.