Conversion Operations Manager
San Francisco, California
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
About the position:
Conversion is one of Newfront's most important teams and needs a people-centric data-driven leader to keep the operation steadfast. The team helps producers (sales agents) move their books of business from where it is today (the prior brokerage), to where it needs to be (Newfront Insurance). You’ll be in a high-visibility role with a lot of responsibility for delivering a white-glove experience. We’re looking for someone ready to tackle a fast-paced ambiguous environment, inspire the team through exponential growth, and own the business as if it was yours.
You'll be responsible for:
- Establishing an appropriate staffing model for Newfront's Conversion business needs
- SLA adherence and escalation management
- Establishing best practices: define the team playbook, create process, metricize output
- Team leadership & motivation
- Tearing down and building processes from the ground up
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Customer-centric (internal and external)
- Biased towards action
- Executive presence
- Experienced in operational process-building & streamlining
- A leader with the ability to motivate a team
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the unknown
- A player/coach - willing to do the work in order to help their team
- Comfortable with managing up and escalating issues
- 3+ years prior management experience
- Analytics experience (strong Salesforce skills preferable)
- Project Management capabilities
- Past high-growth environments preferable
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other departments
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written)
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.