Conversion Account Manager
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
About the position:
Conversion is one of Newfront's most important teams and needs a people-obsessed detail-dedicated individual to help new producers become part of Newfront. You'll be in an critical account management position, helping develop deep insurance knowledge throughout the rest of the Conversion Team, working with various stakeholders on cultivating new ways to improve the service, and being a top-notch QA agent to make sure every transfer meets the Newfront Standard. Help us take take the team from the industry's best place to convert business to the fantasy the industry has yet to even dream about.
This position is available in both our San Francisco, CA and Sacramento, CA locations.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining high level relationships across the producer group and other internal stakeholders
- Providing a deep technical understanding of P&C lines of coverage
- Ability to generate and/or review ACORDS, coverage limits, policy documents, among other insurance related items
- Working with producers to create a transfer plan for each client while overseeing and managing day-to-day facilitation
- Understanding client insurance and risk management objectives and critically analyzing to determine suitability
- Acting as liaison between producers and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve
- Being the link between the QA Team and the Conversion Team about and helping solve insurance related execution problems
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- At least three years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in P&C lines of coverage within an insurance brokerage or insurance carrier
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as superior client service and problem solving skills
- Appropriate state licensing to transact and advise on insurance
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to source and supply knowledge to other team members
- Demonstrated efficiency with computer systems and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and Adobe
- Willingness to learn proprietary technology
- Are flexible and adaptable with scope and responsibility
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.