Accounts Receivable Specialist (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
Corporate – Finance Team /
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
What you'll work on
- Perform full-cycle agency bill accounting transactions, including but not limited to reconciling & allocating cash receipts, processing carrier & wholesaler invoices, preparing payment runs, and answering AR & AP inquiries
- Manage premium finance contracts, collection of down-payments, notifications to finance companies, and determination of payments required to wholesalers & carriers
- Process direct bill commission statements, confirming proper commission rates & premiums of corresponding policies, and follow up with carriers on missing and/or incorrect commission payments
- Assist in audits and maintaining AR controls by obtaining proper approvals, maintaining proper documentation, and following internal controls
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Accounts Payable and Accounting
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets and a proven ability to learn new accounting software
- , Accounting Seed, Netsuite, Salesforce, and Google Suite experience are a plus
You'll be a great fit if
- You are highly accurate, detailed, and organized
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can multitask and handle multiple deadlines
- You enjoy problem-solving to deliver a great experience for clients and teammates
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.