Lead Data Scientist
Remote - USA
Technology – Engineering /
Full Time /
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The 1 trillion dollar insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market that represents an enormous opportunity. We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
By building a tech-driven insurance brokerage, we're able to transform the experience for our clients and teammates. Our platform eliminates paperwork for clients and gives them a modern dashboard to administer their Property & Casualty and Employee Benefits. For our internal teams, we take repetitive tasks off their plate by automating hundreds of workflows. Finally, we use data and analytics to negotiate with the insurance markets and find the best coverage and pricing.
As part of the Technology team at Newfront, you'll face complex technical challenges like building a files processing engine that can parse and analyze millions of insurance documents or designing a data analytics product that helps HR leaders select among hundreds of plans and vendors.
There are lots of opportunities for growth and ownership, including leading projects and teams. Also, we're eager to leverage new technologies and frameworks. Here are a few examples using LLMs that came from a recent hackathon.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. DE&I is in our DNA and we keep our core values at the center of everything we do.
As a Lead Data Scientist, your goal is to help Newfront make more data-driven decisions. You will work closely with our executive and senior leadership teams to better understand the business, both the output metrics and the inputs to success. As part of our Core Analytics team, you will have purview overboard reporting, executive reporting, financial forecasting, sales and operations metrics.
This position is a salary, exempt, and full-time position that reports to the Head of Data. This is a Hybrid/Remote role (within the USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Own analytics for our most important users (executive and senior leadership), from data instrumentation to KPI definition to reporting.
- Use data strategically to inform how our leadership views the business.
- Deliver insights to sales, product, operations and other business partners and proactively suggest solutions to problems that they are facing.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to craft data requirements and data modeling needs.
- Build curated dashboards and reporting that serve as the primary source for how the business views results,
- Run queries to support ad-hoc questions.
- Educate the company on how and why data-driven decision making can take us to the next lever.
- Work directly with and mentor a growing data team of analytics engineers and data scientists.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a data scientist, product analyst role, or related.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally, including experience with negotiating with stakeholders that hold diverse perspectives.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for digging deep into messy data and extracting deep, impactful insights from it.
- A clear passion for staying up-to-date with and learning new analytics skills independently and continuously.
- Exceptional skill in structuring analyses, dashboard design and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics within the business.
- Ability to independently prioritize and focus on the questions that matter most to the business.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
Current Tech Stack:
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.