Customer Support Team Lead
San Francisco, California
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
As we scale from 130 people to hundreds in the next year, we are looking for driven Operations professionals who are looking to get in on the ground floor and help create the bedrock of service our organization needs.
"Success@" is Newfront's customer-facing support team and it needs an inspired, metrics-driven, customer-driven leader to take this team to the next level. You'll structure and staff this team to respond to customer needs in a quick and helpful way, and scale the team in tandem with Newfront's growth as a business. With your leadership and vision, we will scale this team to expand as a customer-facing support channel that delivers fast, accurate support to our brokers and clients.
You'll be responsible for:
- Establishing an appropriate staffing model for Newfront's business needs
- Hitting SLAs: motivate and staff your team to keep our turnaround time low as newfron't s business grows
- Establishing best practices: define the team playbook, create process, metricize output
- Expanding the scope of your team: identify the modalities and core business needs that Success@ should absorb
- Turning Success@ into a high-performing front-end support channel for Newfront
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Experiences in operational process-building & streamlining
- A leader with the ability to motivate a team
- Experienced in stakeholder management
- Analytically curious - uses data to frame problems
- Driven by Customer Service - know what good customer service looks like and can coach a team to do the same
- Collaborative - can work cross-functionally with numerous teams
- Adaptable - rolls with the punches and finds ways to succeed
- Visionary - able to ideate on new strategies and create paths to success and execution
- Biased towards action
- A player/coach - willing to do the work in order to help their team
- Comfortable with managing up and escalating issues
- 1-2 years work experience
- 4 year Bachelor degree
- Salesforce Familiarity
- SFDC admin training a plus
- SFDC reporting familiarity a plus
- 1-2 years experience in an output-oriented work environment
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.