Senior Property Broker
Chicago, Illinois /
Property & Casualty – Newfront Property & Casualty Team /
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
Come join Newfront’s Property team! We are a dynamic, and fun-loving group privileged to be working with some of the most innovative companies in the world. We provide consultative risk management services to companies across multiple industries and believe in being an extension of our client’s teams. We promote from within whenever possible and are committed to the professional development of our team members.
This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time hybrid role located in Chicago, IL. Requires seasonal or intermittent traveling to visit clients and prospects.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Coordination of strategy, design, and execution of complex property programs, including structure, proposed pricing, terms, and conditions.
- Partnering with internal client teams in the preparation and presentation of renewal strategy and proposals to clients.
- Analyzing quotes received from insurance carriers, negotiating most favorable terms on behalf of clients.
- Directing binding of coverage, ensuring subjectivities are clearly outlined and binding deliverables are presented to clients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Cultivating relationships with underwriters and key decision makers within insurance markets.
- Working closely with account executives and producers to foster client retention and support new business efforts.
- Mentoring and developing others within the placement team.
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5+ years in the Insurance industry, Property experience required.
- Clear understanding and detailed knowledge of the insurance marketplace/carrier appetite and ability to independently handle complex clients.
- Experience placing complex Property program structures.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and client needs. Qualified candidate should have excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its more complex features.
- Excellent time management skills as well as ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast -paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust, including willingness and ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology systems and software applications.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Property Broking experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $129,600 and $162,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.