Account Executive Leader
Chicago, Illinois /
Property & Casualty – Newfront Property & Casualty Team /
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
This position is responsible for development, communication, and service needs for our client companies and for retaining large, complex accounts through relationship management.
Come join Newfront’s Commercial Risk Unit! We are a smart, dynamic, and fun-loving group privileged to be working with some of the most innovative companies across the world. We provide risk management guidance to companies across multiple industries...There’s something new every day! We promote from within whenever possible and are committed to the professional development of our team members, providing time and funding for courses and seminars. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time hybrid role located in Chicago, IL. Requires seasonal or intermittent traveling to visit clients and prospects.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Team Lead:
- Responsible for end-to-end book of business management including prospecting, onboarding, and retention of clients.
- Act as the primary point person for client relationships. Responsible for client engagement and satisfaction for an entire team’s book of business.
- Manage the financial success (Profit and Loss Statements) of a team and its book of business.
- Work strategically to identify and implement opportunities to partner with Producers and Newfront consultants in other lines of business.
- Direct the staffing (recruiting and hiring), training and development, and performance management of the team of Account Executives, Managers and Coordinators supporting the team’s clients.
- Manage and coach team members for delivery of service and direct the delegation, allocation and lending of resources among.
- Attend and participate in external seminars as a company representative for education, leadership and professional development and industry networking.
- Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Manage client relationships and develop team service strategy, plan and processes to meet client needs.
- Manage entire service teams or areas of specialization.
- Independently prepare for, plan and conduct client meetings.
- Manage preparation of new business RFP’s; market new and renewal accounts; develop and manage service calendars and prepare presentations for new clients.
- Provide strategic management of new and renewal business risk identification and program design (including contract and claims history review).
- Partner with production teams to establish and maintain aligned service offerings and delivery of client needs.
- Participate in carrier activities.
- Perform as team or subject matter expert and advanced resource. Keep abreast of industry trends, changing markets, reviewing and mastering new or evolving specializations, policies or products.
- Perform thorough contract reviews for clients.
- Perform database file management and input information. Accurately manage and maintain documents in agency management systems.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of brokerage experience.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
- Previous experience managing a team required.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, create solutions and direct process improvements.
- Thrives working with others in a fast paced environment. Excellent management skills. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively anticipate and address issues and client needs.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to navigate demanding schedules, priorities and volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced at multiple and strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $98,600 and $148,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.