A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
Insurance is a $500B market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for accounting and finance leaders to get in on the ground floor and help create the bedrock of service our organization needs.
You will be expected to help build a world class accounting department that can deliver not only timely and accurate financial information, but also meet the day-to-day operational challenges associated with rapid growth. This role reports to the Head of Accounting.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Preparation of various journal entries for month end, quarter end, and year end close
- Preparation of various journal
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of analyses: flux explanations, balance composition, and ad hoc analysis
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal goals
- Working closely with FP&A and functional business unit leaders to provide actionable insights and analysis
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP, tax, and necessary regulatory reporting requirements
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements
- Assisting with payroll
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in accounting, financial, and analytical roles
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in a well-established accounting team with the ability to bring knowledge of best practices
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment
- Experience with Salesforce, Accounting Seed, or Netsuite preferred, but not required
- Strong communication skills and experience in effectively presenting key data, including to senior management
- Strong sense of ownership, organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Commuter benefits and pet plan
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.