San Francisco, California
Insurance is a $500B market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for accounting and finance leaders to get in on the ground floor and help create the bedrock of service our organization needs.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in Accounting working at a startup, insurance company, or at one of the Big 4 accounting firms. You’ll be expected to help build a world class accounting department that can deliver not only timely and accurate financial information, but also meet the day-to-day operational challenges associated with rapid growth. This role reports to the Head of Accounting.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing all period-end reporting requirements (month-end, quarter-end, etc.) for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Day-to-day accounting operations, including but not limited to AP, AR, and cash management;
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Working closely with FP&A and functional business unit leaders to provide actionable insight and analysis;
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP, tax, and necessary regulatory reporting requirements;
- Assisting in the completion of annual audit and preparation of consolidated financial statements;
- Building out a fantastic team to support the company’s growth.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- At least two years (4+ preferred) of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance and Big 4 experience preferred but not required
- Experience in effective financial systems design, integrations, and implementation, or insurance, are plusses
- Strong communication skills; experience in effectively presenting key data including to senior management
- Strong sense of ownership, organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.