Senior Product Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
As a Senior Product Manager at Newfront you’ll be responsible for product planning, scoping, and execution. You'll work across multiple stakeholders at Newfront to explore problem spaces and help define concrete projects for the product engineering team to tackle to unlock Newfront’s growth as a business.
We create products for 3 major user groups – our clients, brokers, and the servicing team.
Clients: Insurance is a complicated product that costs a lot, and the bigger your business is, the more difficult it can be to understand and purchase the right coverage. We want to make the purchasing experience transparent and understandable in order to give clients peace of mind. During the policy term, it should be quick and easy for them to request updates, make claims, pay, or otherwise get help from their servicing team.
Brokers: We help them turn leads into sales. Insurance brokers are like a sales team in a traditional SaaS company. They need a dashboard that clearly communicates the status of all of their clients, tracks their leads, shows their progress towards sales goals, and enables collaboration between them and the servicing team.
Servicing team: This team includes account managers and operations specialists responsible for providing stellar service to our clients. They are the backbone of the company since the quality and efficiency of their work directly translate into year-over-year retention of Newfront's clients.
We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to work directly with us in exploring their issues and how a combination of product and process may help them progress towards their goals. You should feel comfortable communicating technical and product development processes to a non-technical audience and with the leadership team. You notice when there are foundational things that aren't working for the product and actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding customer needs and gathering product requirements.
- Identifying market opportunities and refining a coherent vision and strategy within a product area.
- Engaging closely with the Engineering team to determine the right technical path to take to achieve our long term roadmap, make the right effort/return trade-offs, and managing the execution of projects to reasonable implementation schedule.
- Launching and developing new products on a regular basis.
- Managing internal stakeholders to optimize the impact of product launches on business needs.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Experience: 5-8 years of product management experience with software products. Deep knowledge of how an high-output engineering organization should function and clear expectations of different players and partners within engineering org.
- Systems thinking: Ability to see how various products and features should fit together to serve the operations team, with the analytical skills to justify the approach being taken. Demonstrated ability to identify foundational issues with product strategy and then actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
- Execution: Self-starter, independently motivated. Bias towards action and experimentation. Capacity to juggle multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining incredible attention to detail.
- Communication and collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work closely with and effectively manage stakeholders within design, operations, engineering, user research, and other business functions. Ability to create and communicate intuitive frameworks for thinking about products. Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written) for technical and non-technical colleagues up to and including the executive-level.
- Long-term product strategy: Experience creating strategic product roadmaps that span multiple years.
- Relevant domain spaces: prior experience with fintech, marketplaces, insurance, workflow optimization, and other products at the intersection of user experience & operations management.
- Background in Computer Science, Math and Statistics, Operations Research or a related technical discipline.
- Experience managing product managers and/or other product adjacent functions (e.g. designers, analysts). We're growing!
This position is open to remote candidates with a preference for those between the GMT-5 (Eastern EST) and GMT-8 (Pacific PST) timezones. #LI-Remote
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
- Quarterly team events
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.