San Francisco, California
Engineering & Product
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork. Newfront is building a modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We're building a technology platform to manage the operation of our brokerage. Central to this effort are tools for our account management team that support workflows like creating proposals of coverage for clients, tracking changes to policies, and generating proof of insurance documents.
As a Product Manager at Newfront you’ll be responsible for product planning, scoping, and execution. You'll work across multiple stakeholders at Newfront to explore problem spaces and help define concrete projects for the product engineering team to tackle to unlock Newfront’s growth as a business.
We develop products for 4 different user groups – our clients, brokers, the servicing team, and our operations managers.
Clients: We need to design a product that makes their current insurance coverage extremely clear and makes it quick and easy for them to request an update their coverage, get help, or make a claim.
Brokers: We want to help them turn leads into sales. Insurance brokers are like a sales team in a traditional SaaS company. They need a dashboard that clearly communicates the status of all of their clients, tracks their leads, and shows their revenue.
Servicing team: This team includes account managers and operations specialists responsible for providing stellar service to our clients.
Operation managers: These stakeholders manage the output of the servicing team and are responsible for holding their teams to metrics and processes.
We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to work directly with us in exploring their issues and how a combination of product and process may help them progress towards their goals. You should feel comfortable communicating technical and product development processes to a non-technical audience and with the leadership team. You notice when there are foundational things that aren't working for the product and actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
- Ability to create and communicate intuitive frameworks for thinking about products
- Proficient in stakeholder management (high EQ)S
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written) for colleagues at every level both internally and externally.
- Able to sell intuitively to a diverse set of peopleAble to communicate technical and product complexities to a non-technical audience
- Robust translator between business problems and product engineering outcomes / able to provide cover for product engineering from other stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of how an high-output engineering organization should function and clear expectations of different players and partners within engineering org
- Ability to define projects in a way that reduces project risk and maximizes ROI
- Comfort with extreme ambiguity
- Self-starter, independently motivatedBias towards action and experimentation
- Systems-oriented thinker
- Capacity to juggle multiple simultaneous projectsIntuitively collaborative with domain experts, especially when they themselves are not a domain expert
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Creative thinker, they understand that the first solution that comes to mind isn't always the best, so they're willing to go broad with the team. They also know when to start bringing it back in and focusing on execution.
- Experience taking products from inception to launch.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience creating strategic product roadmap(s)Demonstrated ability to identify foundational issues with product strategy and then actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Experience aligning diverse partners and teams.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- 4+ years product management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Experience in one or more of the following: operations, internal tools, productivity, B2B.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional Pet Insurance
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is the fastest growing insurance brokerage in California, based in downtown San Francisco. We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees!