Field Sales Leader
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
This role reports to the Chief Sales Officer and will assist management in achieving out targets, focusing on new business and organic growth goals while developing skills and acumen of direct reports.
As the leader of a team of sales professionals the Field Sales Leader is responsible for reporting to leadership on producer progress in training programs, skill development, production to goal, and overall producer assessment and accountability. You will use data and metrics to report back to CSO and leadership the status of Producers and their progress toward annual goals with a solutions-oriented mindset. You will be responsible for the success and lifecycle of our Producers. You’ll work with our strategic growth team, and broker operations team to onboard new Producers and promote their joining Newfront. You will strategize with Producers on writing new revenue and how to validate and/or meet annual production goals. Work closely with our CSO in the identification of underperforming producers for enhanced development and accountability.
This is a foundational role, at a fast paced, dynamic start-up modernizing the insurance industry - you will be in builder mode for the first 12+ months. The right person for this role will have the ideal combination of the desired skills and traits. You will need to be able to think on your feet, come with an entrepreneurial mindset and possess an “extreme ownership” mentality.
Skills you should have:
- A deep understanding of the insurance sales cycle
- Command of the independent insurance brokerage mechanism
- Highly skilled communicator
- Long-range thinking and planning experience
- Ability to train and coach others
Traits you should have:
- Quietly Confident in day to day interactions
- Team Oriented and thrives on others success
- Highly collaborative yet independent and self-motivated
- General problem solver
You'll be responsible for:
- Meeting with all Producers on a monthly basis and with those that are enrolled in formal training or remediation programs on a weekly basis
- Conducting regular client-facing joint sales calls with each producer with critical reflective analysis, coaching for improvement and effectiveness
- Creating and maintaining division-specific recruiting profiles for enhancement of efforts with Newfront employed recruiters. Collaborating with CSO and strategic growth team for evolving producer recruitment strategies.
- Collaborating with industry group leadership in training for differentiation and writing differentiation strategies
- Interfacing directly with Producers to present Newfront value adds and benefits in sales meetings and new business pitch environments
- Supporting the professional quality of sales presentations and opportunity generation by coaching producers to leverage broker operations team, growth team, loss control team, claims advocacy team and other value-added resources
- Driving growth in active prospects in our pipeline to support sales strategies and goals
- Providing timely and accurate tracking of data for sales activity to support sales management
- Timely CRM sales reports and auditing integrity of data
- 25% domestic travel within assigned region
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of insurance sales experience
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding goals
- Insurance Designations are highly desired - CPCU, AAI, CIC
- Previous management experience highly desired
- Certified Sales Training or Course Completion are highly desired
- CRM versed, experienced and committed
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.