Commercial Lines Account Manager (Remote)
Remote - California
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
As we scale from 75 to people to hundreds in the next year, we are looking for experienced Account Managers to join our service team.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining high level client relationships
- Providing a deep technical understanding of Commercial Property & Casualty lines of coverage
- Working with Producers to create a service plan for each client while overseeing and managing day-to-day client relationships
- Leveraging proprietary technology on a daily basis to improve our service offering, including the automation of applications, quotes, renewals, certificates, endorsements and claims
- Working with Producers and other team members to market for quotes from various insurance carriers and wholesale brokers
- Understanding client insurance and risk management objectives and critically analyzing and comparing plans to determine suitability
- Acting as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- At least two years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in a Commercial Lines Account Manager role focused on P&C lines of coverage within an insurance brokerage firm
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as superior client service and problem solving skills
- Appropriate state licensing to transact and advise on insurance
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated efficiency with computer systems and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and Adobe
- Willingness to learn proprietary technology
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.