Workers Compensation Claims Consultant
San Francisco, California
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building a modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. The hiring of each broker represents hundreds of thousands (and often millions) of dollars to Newfront in recurring revenue. Many fundamental strategies from the world of tech have never been applied to this industry, and we apply expertise and technology from the startup ecosystem to create generate interest within this broker community.
We are looking for an experienced Workers Compensation Claims Consultant to provide claims consulting services to our internal and external clients. A key component of this position includes personal communication with employers, producers, adjusters, and medical professionals. A clear and complete understanding of the Workers’ Compensation claims process, including calculating experience modifications and its effect on employer premiums. Prepare and deliver industry and employer-specific claims analytics while working closely with clients and producers. The ability to get things done with minimal direction but achieve specific goals is key to success.
Your responsibilities include:
- Serve as the key Workers’ Compensation claims resources for internal and external clients
- Design, develop, and implement client/industry specific claims programs and use data analytics to advocate for exceptional claims outcomes
- Work with multiple teams to improve the Work Comp claims processes and procedures ensure outstanding service delivery
You'll be a great fit if you have/are:
- Increasing experience in Work Comp claims, including projects to improve claims handling process efficiency
- Manage national vendors, programs, and cost containment products & services
- Gather and use data to identify trends, develop solutions and present recommendations
- Agility to run with ambiguity
- P&C licensing preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.