Senior Compensation Analyst
United States (Remote) /
Corporate – People Operations Team /
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
We are looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our team and help analyze our company’s benefits packages, equity offerings, and remuneration structures.
The Senior Compensation Analyst responsibilities include running comparative analysis by region and department to find opportunities to improve benefits and reviewing the organization’s financial performance when building new compensation plans.
This role will partner with the People Operations team, Compensation Committee, Senior Leaders, and external partners, to ensure compensation strategies are in line with the organization’s compensation philosophy, market competitiveness and effectively balance elements of compensation.
This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time role and will be reporting to the Interim Head of People. This position is 100% remote (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront’s offices.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Growing and overseeing company remuneration policies and programs
- Examining positions to ascertain the scope of employee responsibilities and requirements
- Analyzing and interpreting the company's remuneration programs
- Review a wide range of relevant compensation data to ensure the company’s remuneration policies are competitive
- Contribute company data to compensation surveys
- Analyze results of compensation surveys
- Predict future trends to steer the company in a positive direction
- Manage salary structure creation and maintenance
- Ensure company compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Proven work experience as a Compensation Analyst or similar role for a minimum of 5 years
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability, with attention to detail.
- Highly proficient with compensation and benefits technology suites, tools and platforms: ADP, Pave, and others. MS Office suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must be able to think strategically, identify key business issues, and generate actionable solutions from insights.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent oral, written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and to be flexible with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Must also work independently, with minimal supervision and have the ability to take initiative and create solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Active participation as a Newfront team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization better.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- CCP or applicable coursework preferred but not required.
Required Certificates and Licenses
- Certification such as a Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or other relevant SHRM certifications.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $140,400 and $175,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.