Business Analyst, Operations Specialist
San Francisco, California
Insurance is a half-trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and a career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
As we scale from 130 people to hundreds in the next year, we are looking for driven professionals who are looking to get in on the ground floor and help create the bedrock of service our organizational needs.
Newfront Insurance is looking for an Analyst on our Operations Specialist team. As our team grows, you’ll help our team build centralized KPIs and metrics that will help our team deliver top-notch results. Your work will help our team establish performance targets and advocate for impactful product solutions.
As an analyst on our team, you’ll be responsible for gaining a clear understanding of the day to day functions of our teams, including finding insights, discovering new trends, and helping our team identify areas of opportunity to achieve our goals. You will need to have a solid foundation in analyzing data, relating it to business problems, and communicating results with decision-makers in a clear and actionable fashion.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building centralized KPIs, metrics, and reporting for the team and team leaders
- Developing an operational model to inform our workforce planning and organizational cost
- Developing insights to drive compelling arguments for product improvements
- Improve operations performance by using a data-driven approach for issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts
- Build visualizations to communicate data and metrics
- Acting as an internal consultant with your teammates
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience
- Solid understanding of statistical methods
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and adapt to business needs and goals
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.