Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Technology – Engineering /
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
As a senior data engineer, your goal is to turn Newfront into a data-first company by building a robust, reliable, single-source-of-truth data foundation. You will have widespread purview, with a responsibility for understanding, aggregating, and exposing data across the entire business to support timely decision-making and build data products. The role reports to the Head of Data.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
- Work with analytics, operations, finance and other business partners to understand data needs and business processes.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to craft data requirements.
- Design how we collect, move, store and transform our data.
- Build robust data pipelines that capture data from a dozen different systems and reliably centralize it in our data warehouse.
- Build data infrastructure that syncs data between product, data warehouse and 3rd party tooling.
- Investigate and propose the use of new technologies to supplement our data stack.
- Own large parts of our data warehouse and infrastructure.
- Establish data engineering best practices that ensure reliability, maintainability and extensibility.
- Work directly with and mentor a growing data team of data engineers, analytics engineers, analysts and data scientists.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a data engineering role, or similar.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Background in successfully designing, building and maintaining data pipelines and a data warehouse.
- A clear passion for staying up-to-date with and learning new data engineering and analytics skills independently and continuously.
- Experience with modern ELT and reporting tools.
- Fundamental understanding of software engineering practices, such as version control, testing, and CI/CD.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for digging deep into messy data and extracting the useful parts.
Current Tech Stack
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.