Employee Benefits - Client Representative
United States (Remote) /
Employee Benefits – Employee Benefits Team /
This is a hybrid/remote role (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
This position is responsible for providing professional administrative support for the account management team to deliver great work to the client consistently and efficiently. You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to support all of the day-to-day account activities, and partner with the account management team to ensure that all client initiatives are executed precisely and flawlessly.
We support one another to help each other grow and to be sure we succeed together in supporting our clients - We are a TEAM. We make a difference on a daily basis by providing exceptional service to our clients and their employees. What's exciting about this position is the variety in the work. No client is the same, so you cannot expect the same resolution will yield the same results each time. Every day provides the opportunity to learn something new, try new things, and have fun! Our best employee in this role has the willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and is dependable.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt, full-time role and will be reporting to the Client Service Support Lead. This is a US hybrid/remote based role (Pacific Time Zone work hours required), with the option to work from any of Newfront’s offices. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Manage enrollment processing, research and resolve eligibility and enrollment issues.
- Review plan documents and benefit attributes for accuracy and manage them within the internal system.
- Process carrier and client contact changes with carriers and update all internal systems and client facing contact sheets.
- Update client benchmarking reports.
- Request and/or run census reports by pulling manually or requesting from the Technology Team.
- Build and maintain the client benefit portals.
- Process fee billing for non-commissioned based clients and carrier transition/wellness fund accounting.
- Responsible for staying abreast of latest compliance trends and ensuring client notices are sent in a timely manner.
- Perform and/or manage outsourcing of tasks such as billing audits, data entry, SPD wraps and contract reviews.
- Prepare client communications (Open enrollment materials, new hire guides, wallet cards, compliance documents, etc.) using available tools and templates.
- Coordinate health fairs and carrier attendance at open enrollment and health fair meetings.
- General administration and data entry as directed by Client Support Lead.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- Pacific Time Zone work hours required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience working in a Employee Benefits space such as Brokerage, Carrier, Vendor, or in Human Resources
- Solid communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service in a virtual setting, including listening without interrupting, using a clear and audible voice, and responding calmly and professionally.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and intermediate complexities of features.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Must also work independently, with minimal direction.
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to client and team needs.
- Ability to ask questions, take initiative and use resources and tools.
- Solid time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to screen details and identify potential discrepancies.
- Ability to review internal/carrier deliverables to ensure accuracy.
- Basic project management skills and systems knowledge.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers and colleagues.
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn industry knowledge and trends.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Benefits experience at a Brokerage a plus.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- CA Department of Insurance Life License (required or completed within 3-6 months of start date).
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $44,600 and $67,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.