Operations Manager, Quality (San Francisco / Sacramento)
As Operations Manager, Quality, you will oversee a critical function that helps to ensure we maintain compliance requirements and deliver the highest quality experience to our customers. Leading a team of Quality Operations Specialists, you will be responsible for uncovering operational insights on the business, delivering them to cross-functional teams, and providing support for process improvement. You will own all aspects of day-to-day team management including performance management, personnel development, and hiring. You will work with cross-functional teams at Newfront to identify errors, drive correction of those errors, and work with their leaders to drive process changes in the future.
This position can be based in either San Francisco or Sacramento.
- Proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets
- Ability to manage and interpret data and dashboards; proficiency in data visualization tools a plus (e.g., Tableau)
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to build and optimize operational processes
- Ability to manage individuals to performance metrics and provide coaching
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Ability to operate cross-functionally through effective communication, relationship management, and influencing
- Metrics and analytically-driven
- Collaborative and relationship-building
- Comfortable managing up and escalating issues as required
- Strong ownership mindset
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytically-driven operations role (operations, consulting); startup or other fast-paced environment a plus
- Experience managing teams of operations employees
- Project and process management experience; experience with Six Sigma, Lean, etc. a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.