San Francisco, California
Engineering & Product
As a Product Designer at Newfront you’ll be responsible for user research, creating prototypes, and defining how problems are solved. You'll work across multiple product teams at Newfront and help to define high-level design patterns.
We develop products for 3 different user groups – our clients, brokers, and the servicing team. You’ll be designing for all of these different user groups.
* Clients: We need to design a product that makes their current insurance coverage extremely clear and makes it quick and easy for them to update their policy, get help, or make a claim.
* Brokers: We want to help them turn leads into sales. Insurance brokers are like a sales team in a traditional SaaS company. They need a dashboard that clearly communicates the status of all of their clients, tracks their leads, and shows their revenue.
* Servicing team: This team includes account managers and operations specialists responsible for providing stellar service to our clients.
You’ll be the first full-time product designer at Newfront so we’re looking for someone to lead the charge and help us execute quickly, thoughtfully, and on high quality outputs. We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to get into Figma to help communicate their ideas. You should feel comfortable leading design sessions with cross-functional peers and including them in the design process.
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork. Newfront is building a modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
- Designing new product features with Product and Engineering. We currently have 2 cross-functional teams, and you’ll be supporting both of those teams.
- Designing the Newfront website in partnership with Product and Marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the Newfront website
- Working with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, plan, and execute. You will work with Product Managers to conduct research and solidify project briefs, create mocks and prototypes, and work with engineering to solve problems.
- Building and maintaining the Newfront design system. Take ownership of our existing design systems.
- Leading the design of large projects. This could mean running design sprints with the team or conducting user research with clients, producers, and account managers. You should be comfortable taking the lead on large initiatives that can span multiple quarters and be able to design with the future in mind.
- Communicating your design decisions to the rest of the team. You’ll need to be able to clearly reason about your ideas and be able to zoom out and develop frameworks for thinking and executing on large projects.
- 3-5+ years experience working as a Product Designer
- Experience designing for the web. Our products are primarily web-based so you should be familiar with the web as a platform. You need to understand the limitations and nuances of the platform.
- Familiarity with design systems and branding. You’ve ideally created and maintained a design system in the past.
- Strong communication. You should be able to clearly communicate expectations to other stakeholders and keep those stakeholders up-to-date throughout the project.
- We’re looking for someone with a broad set of skills. As a baseline we need you to have strong visual design skills – layout, typography, color, interaction design – and a solid understanding of design principles. In addition to this you should be strong in one or more additional areas such as user research, frontend development, prototyping, validation, etc.