Senior HR Business Partner
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
Reporting directly to the Head of People, you will be a key contributor in developing talent strategy and advise on all things People related: performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, employee relations and organizational design. You are skilled at using both qualitative and quantitative data to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, tell a story and inform innovative ways to building programs, and ensuring Newfront employees are engaged and growing.
You'll be responsible for:
- Providing strategic partnership and counsel to business leaders and employees, ensuring employee advocacy and fairness
- Crafting and implementing creative and progressive talent strategies, addressing retention and development needs
- Supporting the Newfront leadership team through all People processes including compensation, talent development, performance management, employee relations, change management, organizational design, etc.
- Being the primary driver and leader in all people related activities and programs
- Coaching and developing leaders at all levels within the organization, from line managers through executives
- Utilizing qualitative and quantitative data in order to inform key business and talent decisions
- Collaborating with other People Team functions (compensation, recruiting, learning & development, etc.) to inform the design and implementation of People programs
- Acting as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
- Mentoring and coaching other members of our People team
You'll be a great fit if you are/have:
- 5+ years experience as a strategic HR Business Partner
- Previous experience as a HR Business Partner at a company in an early stage, fast paced, environment
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving capabilities; as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Analytically driven, you are experienced in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis
- Experience in creating, driving, and scaling key people, programs and processes (performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations/conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious about people and organizational issues; you have a creative, solutions-based mindset
- The ability to flex your style and build trust and report with Executives as well as ICs
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- The ability to effectively partner with cross-functional partners (e.g. Finance, Legal) and the broader People team to build a better employee experience for employees
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.