Director of Digital Marketing
United States (Remote) /
Corporate – Marketing Team /
This is a hybrid/remote role (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
The Digital Marketing Director will develop the strategy and lead all aspects of the execution of Newfront’s digital marketing channels and web presence. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be responsible for the planning, development, and execution of inbound and outbound digital marketing efforts including web properties (a website redesign is currently in progress), search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), paid digital media, and emerging digital channels. The digital marketing function owns and drives the growth of the company’s digital capabilities working closely with marketing, revenue and business development teams to build the Newfront brand nationally, as well as accelerating demand generation conversion. The goal of this role is to build a foundation on which to implement a compelling digital strategy, using sophisticated martech that delivers engaging client experiences, and ultimately drives revenue results aligned to business objectives.
The successful candidate will bring passion, agility, strategy, and vision to the role and will have a consistent track record of success in getting results, preferably within a SaaS organization. We’re looking for someone who has strong digital marketing experience and has worked to drive consistency and efficiency through all digital marketing channels.
The Digital Marketing Director should provide forward-thinking ideas to build and maintain a company web presence with strong analytical and presentation skills, can build productive working relationships with key partners, can implement with agility, and is a strong leader and mentor.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Drive digital marketing strategy, performance marketing initiatives and integrated campaigns that drive digital traffic and source inbound leads. Set strategic objectives, allocate and adjust spend accordingly.
- Lead and manage the team to launch a new website, reflective of Newfront’s updated brand and market positioning, and in service of our digital marketing goals.
- Triage and project manage company-wide digital marketing and web page creation requests.
- Manage relationships with inside and outside vendors including Information Technology, Information Systems, and web design/development agencies.
- Keep website content current and continually refreshed.
- Act as a strong advocate for the customer and the user experience.
- Help establish KPIs, and track/monitor web statistics with Google Analytics, etc. and maintain real-time performance dashboard in collaboration with the team.
- Work with Creative and Brand team to ensure all digital channels are on brand; visual and written content is consistent with brand values.
- Collaborate with integrated marketing teams to create and manage a full digital marketing calendar.
- Conduct research on new technologies and best practices in the marketplace to keep Newfront at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Partner with IT on development of client-facing web sites, portals, and applications.
- Coordinate with Legal and IT to manage email and website domains, security, GDPR and CCPA compliance.
- Responsible for budget and agency management to support digital and web marketing efforts.
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience in enterprise SaaS, ideally in financial services, insurance or agency – website launch and oversight, is key
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and articulate recommendations and solutions based on analysis.
- Understanding of digital marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and best practices
- Knowledgeable in paid media strategy, lead generation and marketing automation
- Ability to effectively collaborate across the Marketing team and with business partners
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple projects, identifying risks and opportunities
- Proficient with marketing automation platforms (Marketo), content management systems, SEO tools, Google analytics, and CRM systems.
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technology platforms and solutions.
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects, with excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to manage timelines independently to meet customer deadlines and deliverables while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Passion for Newfront’s mission, vision and values.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to work on technology and solutions that are scaling very rapidly and changing the insurance industry as we know it
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, equity
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $151,200 and $226,800/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.