San Francisco, California
Engineering & Product
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork. Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
Newfront believes in empowering people rather than ‘disrupting’ them. In applying this belief, we’ve taken off like a rocket, seeing exponential growth across all key metrics.
As an engineer at Newfront, you will have opportunities to build features across the platform from client-facing web portals, workflow systems, natural language processing and document parsing, integrations with disparate third party systems, data modeling, document generation, and more. There are tons of meaty problems to solve that directly impact the lives of the many insurance professionals and clients under the Newfront umbrella.
🎥 To learn more about working at Newfront, check out our recent video: Engineering at Newfront.
Who we're looking for:
- You are product-focused and put the user's needs front and center
- You thrive in a collaborative startup environment and prefer ‘done’ to ‘perfect’
- You are able to own engineering projects from start to finish, communicating with all stakeholders
- 5+ years of industry experience
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to write code and move products to completion
- Experience with the full development lifecycle, supporting features post-launch
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re interested in learning more, email our CTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.