Accounting Manager/Sr. Manager
Remote or San Francisco /
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we're looking for someone like you:
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Review various journal entries for month end, quarter end, and year end close
- Review balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Prepare analyses: flux explanations, balance composition, cash burn, and ad hoc analysis
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Help implement new processes and systems (as well as improve existing ones)
- Work closely with FP&A and functional business unit leaders to provide actionable insights and analysis
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, tax, and necessary regulatory reporting requirements
- Manage and provide support for the AP and expense reimbursement processes
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with managing and reviewing payroll
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with Accounting Seed, Bill.com, Expensify, and Intacct or Netsuite
- Experience in a well-established accounting team with the ability to bring knowledge of best practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment
- Strong communication skills and experience in effectively presenting key data
- Strong sense of ownership, organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Progressive career growth with increasing responsibilities and team management experience
NICE TO HAVE
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial, and analytical roles
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience preferred, but not required
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Commuter benefits and pet plan
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.