Business Operations - Analyst
San Francisco, California
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork.
Newfront is building a modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. The hiring of each broker represents hundreds of thousands (and often millions) of dollars to Newfront in recurring revenue. Many fundamental strategies from the world of tech have never been applied to this industry, and we apply expertise and technology from the startup ecosystem to create generate interest within this broker community.
We're looking for a sharp generalist to join our business operations team, operating at the intersection of strategy and operations, defining and tackling projects of the highest importance to the company.
You'll be responsible to:
- Build centralized KPIs, metrics, and reporting for the team, executives, and board of directors
- Develop, manage, and maintain Newfront's data infrastructure
- Partner with business leaders to set up a reporting cadence, navigate/understand their data, and manage metrics to SLA
- Work with finance to bridge the gap between day-to-day operations and the operating model
- Identify and rectify data integrity issues across our policy, commission, customer, and other data sources
You'll be a great fit if you have/are:
- 2-3 years of experience at the intersection of data and operations (business analytics, operational analytics, financial analytics)
- Data visualization experience + data storytelling within Tableau, Looker, or a comparable analytics toolkit
- Strong written communication skills
- Organizational skill and capacity to handle simultaneous projects
- Strong SQL skillset (or R, Python experience)
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or other related quantitative field
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Our business is built on the idea that there are certain tasks that humans do really well and others that are better suited for computers and software.
Commercial Insurance will always be a relationship business, but we believe technology - plus best-in-class service - can empower brokers to close more business and better serve their clients.
The business is backed by top venture capital firms who would like Newfront to insure their 5,000+ portfolio companies. Our technology automates applications, renewals, certificates, endorsements, and claims. With our unique approach to the business and the ability to offer a better platform for both clients and Insurance Brokers, we are poised to become one of the top insurance brokerages in the world.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer.