Senior Product Designer
New York /
Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) – Product Design /
NEWNESS is the live-streaming platform built specifically for the beauty community. It’s a place where creators join in with a highly engaged community to talk about what they love--all in real time.
We’re a fun, thoughtful, and passionate and diverse team. Some of our employees are tech veterans coming from Twitch, Facebook, Google and Glossier, lending our team a unique blend of live-streaming, tech, gaming, and beauty expertise. We are a remote-by-design early-stage startup and well funded by some of the top VCs and angel investors, including Sequoia Capital, Cowboy Ventures and Upside Partnership.
In this role you will have the opportunity to help shape the vision of the NEWNESS platform and community. This role will be key to NEWNESS's strategic goals where user experience, unique beauty specific features, and authentic on-platform community building tools will become our differentiator.
You're a Product Designer with 6+ years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an applied product, user experience or interaction design role. Successful designers typically possess a generalist skillset, and have the ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds in both written and verbal form.
What will you do at NEWNESS?
- Work on Creator & Viewer workflows to ensure optimal engagement, and high quality product experience
- Design new and improve current user flows to help our creators feel empowered and supported
- Be instrumental to the foundations of the NEWNESS brand and product design system
- Be involved in every stage of the design process, from discovery user research to product scoping to UX and UI design, and feature implementation
- Observe and talk with creators in order to consider and evaluate problems from multiple angles, identifying user needs
- Generate organized, engineering ready designs
- Work within a cross-functional team to validate both low and hi-fidelity interaction design prototypes using feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify edge cases and display states to accurately show complex user flows and scenarios
- Communicate your ideas through small team feedback sessions, design presentations and workshops to create alignment on proposed solutions and next steps before moving into feature development
- Collaborate and partner with product managers, engineers, and users to help inform quarterly roadmap
- You have extensive knowledge of user-centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and know how best to apply both
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You are experienced in independently conducting user research using a variety of different methodologies
- You enjoy being a part both the conceptual ideation and the rigorous execution of bringing a feature to life
- You value outcome over output and understand the role of an iterative design process to measure progress toward a desired outcome. You thrive on collaboration and leading your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
- You have a passion for beautiful and detail oriented UI design and value the importance of thoughtful and consistent UI
- You have no qualms about feedback and thrive in a respectful and growth minded environment
- You are comfortable and excited about putting on different hats of all shapes and sizes-- we’re a small startup!
At Newness, we pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of an employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to team meetings, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every person is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real value to our community. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Newness.