Newton School – Operations /
ABOUT NEWTON SCHOOL
Come be part of a rocketship that’s creating a massive impact on the world of technology 🚀🚀
On one side you have over a million college graduates every year with barely 5% employability rates and on the other side, there are 1000s of companies struggling to find talent. Newton School aims to bridge this massive gap through it’s personalized learning platform. We are building an online university and solving the deep problem of employability of graduates.
We have a strong core team consisting of alumni from IIT's and IIM’s, having several years of industry experience in companies like Unacademy, Inmobi among others. On this mission, we are backed by some of the most respected investors around the world, - RTP Global, Nexus Venture Partners and a slew of angel investors including CRED’s Kunal Shah, Flipkart’s Kalyan Krishnamoorthy, Unacademy founders, Udaan’s Sujeet Kumar among others.
The specific duties of an Operations Manager include formulating strategy, improving performance and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices.
- Increasing the quality of counselling and service by training and supervising team members.
- Responsible for the progression students and getting them placement-ready.
- Should be able to coordinate with different teams and address students bottlenecks on priority.
- Responsible for resume evaluation and mock scheduling.
- Acting as the bridge between the students and faculty and co-ordinating with the NS team.
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Proficiency in Excel. Proficiency in English and Hindi (Spoken & Written).
- Willing to make calls and be responsible for communication as and when necessary.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Has a tremendous sense of ownership. Bias for action and ready to get hands dirty.
- Ability to work across different teams.
- Has the ability to break down big problems into smaller chunks.
- Has analytical thinking, problem solving capabilities. Always ready to push the boundaries.
OUR WAY OF WORKING:
- An opportunity to work on something that really matters.
- A fast-paced environment to learn and grow. High transparency in decision making.
- High autonomy; freedom to take risks, to experiment, and to fail. Market Competitive salary
We promise a meaningful journey with smart people, with opportunities to learn & grow. Plus, you can sleep peacefully knowing you are impacting lives in a big way, every day!