Newton School – Finance /
ABOUT NEWTON SCHOOL
Come be part of a rocketship that’s creating a massive impact on the world of technology 🚀🚀
On one side you have over a million college graduates every year with barely 5% employability rates and on the other side, there are 1000s of companies struggling to find talent. Newton School aims to bridge this massive gap through it’s personalized learning platform. We are building an online university and solving the deep problem of employability of graduates.
We have a strong core team consisting of alumni from IIT's and IIM’s, having several years of industry experience in companies like Unacademy, Inmobi among others. On this mission, we are backed by some of the most respected investors around the world, - RTP Global, Nexus Venture Partners and a slew of angel investors including CRED’s Kunal Shah, Flipkart’s Kalyan Krishnamoorthy, Unacademy founders, Udaan’s Sujeet Kumar among others.
The accounting and finance manager will be responsible for daily bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivables, payroll, assistance with end-of-month close, grant reporting, audit preparation, and other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow analyses as needed.
- Analyse monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows) and effectively convey analysis to staff as requested.
- Assist in preparing year-end books for audit.
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts.
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures and regulations for any necessary entities.
- Process vendor payments and check requests.
- Process employee reimbursements including managing employee credit card charges and reconcile credit card accounts.
- Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding budgets, deposits, disbursement and grant reporting requests.
- Assist in reconciling all balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as indicated by the monthly closing schedule. Process payroll and report payroll taxes for the organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance and accounting.
- Demonstrate experience showing cost efficiency and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent working skills of Tally, QuickBooks and advance Excel.
- Hands on experience on at least one payroll software.
We promise a meaningful journey with smart people, with opportunities to learn & grow. Plus, you can sleep peacefully knowing you are impacting lives in a big way, every day!