Sr. Product Manager
Irving, TX /
Corporate – Technology /
ATTENTION: We are actively adding to our team during the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking safety precautions. All interviews will be conducted via phone and videoconferencing at this time.
“Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.” ― Warren Buffett
New Western Acquisitions was founded in Texas, 2008, during the peak of the housing crisis. Our founders knew that a traditional investment approach to a nontraditional housing situation would now work. The traditional system had to be challenged. It had to be disrupted. New Western sought to prove that there was a better, smarter way to invest in real estate. And we did.
Our expansion has been swift and explosive. To date, New Western has paired enough investors with their ideal investment property to make us one of the largest sellers of distressed investment properties in the nation. Yet we know we are still just scratching the surface of what we can do in our industry.
Job Title: Sr. Product Manager
Reporting to: Vice President Information Technology
Hours: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Corporate, Irving, TX
Summary of Position: New Western is seeking a high-energy, motivated individual who combines strong product management skills with business acumen. The primary functions of this role will be supporting the delivery of technology projects within the company and the point person for capturing business requirements. Must have a solid track record in implementing multiple concurrent high visibility products in a mid-sized company. This role requires strong communication skills, a systematic approach to delivery, and a strong understanding of the software development process.
This is a business-centric role where institutionalizing core project management discipline, processes and mindset will be paramount. Working in an agile environment the role will oversee all development initiatives and will need to be hands-on with the details. This role will be a key part of the technology team and will work with key business leaders, subject matter experts, vendors, and internal customers to execute the program/project vision. Communication and business alignment are critical to the success of this role. This is a highly visible role that requires regular interaction with business leaders.
- Provide product leadership and manage the day-to-day activities of project resources (sprints, stand-ups, review and planning meetings)
- Extract internal user processes and review product requirements within departments
- Define, document and manage products, actively participating in all phases of the product life cycle
- Oversee and monitor progress on complex and/or multiple products relative to schedules, budgets, and quality
- Prepare and present product status updates to senior management
- Identify, assess, and manage risks and issues
- Work with departmental teams and resources to capture/define business requirements
- Create and maintain product roadmaps and business requirements documentation.
- Establish regular product communications including weekly/monthly status reports, team meetings, and summary for executive sponsors/leadership team
- Understand the resource needs for internal customers and coordinate tasks/resources as required.
- Resolve and negotiate business and technical solutions in order to ensure project continuance. Escalate as needed if a resolution is outside your authority.
- Capture, track and maintain epics, stories, tasks for Products. Communicate decisions, issues, and changes to the project team.
- Coordinate overall resources for testing, training, user documentation, and implementation.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- A superb communicator
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Methodical, investigative and inquisitive
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- An advocate for cooperation and teamwork
- Experience in all phases of Software Development & SDLC
- Experience generating functional and technical requirements
- Business process mapping experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Domo, Jira, Confluence, AWS, S3, RDS
- Experience with Waterfall / Agile
- Minimum of 5-7 years Managing Projects as Technical Lead or Development Lead